Scenario Learning unveils new line of cybersecurity training classes
CINCINNATI, OH Nov. 28, 2016 The 2016 Ponemon Cost of Data Breach Study, sponsored by IBM estimates that there are 1.5 million cyber attacks every year or 4,000 every day. Users are more likely to have their email account hacked than their home broken into. Cybersecurity threats pose challenges to organizations of all sizes, across every industry. As threats evolve in sophistication and targeting, Scenario Learning, LLC, the leading developer of safety and compliance solutions for schools, colleges and workplaces announces a new suite of cybersecurity training courses now available through its award-winning SafeSchools Training, SafeColleges Training and SafePersonnel Training Systems to help organizations stay ahead of online security risks.
The new Cybersecurity Suite includes the following expert-authored courses, which are developed and customized specifically for the K-12, Higher Education or workplace market, so the content is relevant and applicable:
- Browser Security Basics: A large number of cyber attacks target browser activity. This course provides learners with an overview of browser security and ways to browse the web safely. Topics include the types of browser threats, the basics of browser security and safe browsing practices.
- Cybersecurity Overview: This introductory course provides an overview of cybercrime and cybersecurity. Learners will learn the basics of cybersecurity along with the effects of cybercrime, the types of cyber threats and how users are susceptible.
- Email and Messaging Safety: Email is the primary means of attack from cyber-perpetrators. This course provides an overview of cybercrime via email, and how to employ safe email and messaging practices to avoid and help prevent cyber threats, attempts at fraud and identity theft.
- Password Security Basics: This course provides an overview of password security and management, including the basic principles of password security, the elements of a strong password and strategies of how to create and maintain passwords.
- Protection Against Malware: Malware is a primary means of attack for cyber-perpetrators. This course provides learners with an overview of basic protection against malware, including types of malware, how malware works and protective strategies.
“Protecting your organization online begins with ensuring that everyone is properly trained on all areas of cybersecurity,” said Brian Taylor, CEO of Scenario Learning, LLC. “We’re pleased to offer this important suite of courses as part of our expanding course libraries to help you safeguard sensitive data and keep your online community safe.”
Each of the company’s online training systems automates and simplifies training administration, saving valuable time and money. Employees and students are notified by email of assignments and can take courses online, through any Web-enabled device, whenever it’s most convenient for their schedules. Using the training systems, administrators and managers can also upload and assign policies and custom courses, track training completions, monitor progress, download compliance reports and view or print certificates of completion.
For more information on Scenario Learning LLC’s Cybersecurity Suite, please call 1.800.434.0154 or email info(at)scenariolearning(dot)com. To learn more about Scenario Learning and our training solutions, please visit http://www.scenariolearning.com.
About Scenario Learning, LLC
Scenario Learning is a leading developer of award-winning safety and compliance solutions that help create safer and more inclusive schools, colleges and workplaces. The company’s web-based product portfolio includes solutions for staff and student training, bullying reporting, accident and incident reporting, SDS management and Special Education professional development for the education and business markets. The company is experiencing record-setting growth, serving thousands of school districts, colleges, insurance providers and businesses around the world. For more information, visit http://www.scenariolearning.com.