Nov/Dec 2016 Digital Edition
Oct 2016 Digital Edition
Sept 2016 Digital Edition
Aug 2016 Digital Edition
July 2016 Digital Edition
June 2016 Digital Edition
May 2016 Digital Edition
LifePort patient-loading system earns FAA approval for use in Pilatus aircraft
WOODLAND, WA Dec. 13, 2016 LifePort, a Sikorsky company, has received Federal Aviation Administration airworthiness approval for its Patient Loading Utility System™ (PLUS), for the Pilatus PC-12/47 and PC-12/47E aircraft. The addition of this Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) to LifePort's portfolio extends the PLUS application across multiple Pilatus aircraft platforms. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) company.
Compatible with either executive or commuter aircraft configurations, the STC includes:
- Incubator configuration with a Utility Sled, Oxygen Shroud and Mounting Plates for an Incubator
- Dual Composite Oxygen Bottle configuration which reduces weight while increasing capacity (7.6 hours of oxygen at 15 LPM)
The modular and self-contained LifePort Fixed-Wing Patient Loading Utility System™ (PLUS) attaches directly to the aircraft seat track. Ideal for dedicated programs or multi-mission roles, the Fixed-Wing PLUS is a lightweight, safe, flexible system for medical mission needs.
The PLUS is composed of three separate but complementary elements: the PLUS base unit, the loading system, and the AeroSled™ stretcher. Highlights of the system include:
- Base Unit contains oxygen, compressed air pump, vacuum pump and electrical inverter.
- The loading system extends outside the aircraft door, eliminating external and internal lifting of patients.
- Manual or powered loading system options are available.
- AeroSled family of stretchers features automatic locking and a single-hand release, allowing for easier handling inside the aircraft.
- AeroSled ACRH with adjustable IV Pole, provides a platform to mount ancillary items.
"We are excited about enhancing our current product offering for the Pilatus fleet," said James McDaniel, general manager for LifePort's Air Medical and Seating business. "LifePort is proud to continue developing leading edge solutions for medical operators worldwide."
LifePort has more than 25 years of experience developing and manufacturing medical interiors for fixed and rotor wing aircraft. This current upgrade to the legacy product further showcases the innovation, collaboration, and commitment to the company's customers and the industry.
For additional information on LifePort's suite of products that serve medical operators around the world, please visit our website at www.lifeport.com.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 98,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.