Napatech to Showcase Joint Solution with Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity at Black Hat Europe 2017
COPENHAGEN, Denmark, Napatech™ (OSLO: NAPA.OL), the leading provider of reconfigurable computing platforms, today announced the showcasing of its joint solution with Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity, a leading IT security provider. The joint solution will feature at Black Hat Europe in London, December 4-7, and combines Napatech's FPGA-based Pandion recorder with a powerful R&S®Net Sensor deep packet inspection (DPI) engine and Splunk to improve incident response times.
Click to Tweet: [email protected] Showcases Joint #Cybersecurity Solution with Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity:
https://tinyurl.com/y8xe462t @BlackHatEvents #pcap #BHEU
One of the biggest challenges facing network operators today is the inability to forensically extract precise data and context about a logged security incident. Features of this joint solution include:
- Better security, faster: Napatech's reconfigurable computing platform is based on a standard, low-cost server, accelerated with Napatech's smart NICs and software, bringing breakthrough network performance to cybersecurity applications.
- Identify and detect both existing and new threats: Complete network visibility and insights from DPI, when combined with advanced analytics and machine learning technologies, can help detect both registered threats and new abnormalities in the network traffic that were previously unknown or unregistered.
- Further boost SIEM functionalities: With the capture-to-disk capability, large pcap repositories can be created and maintained for extended periods of time, allowing SIEM tools to, at any required point in time, extract quickly and instantly the desired data for further analysis and investigation.
Napatech will participate in the following activities at Black Hat:
- A demonstration of Pandion network recorder at Booth 205 exhibiting how Napatech's SmartNIC platform and software provide:
◦ 100 percent capture up to 40G line rate for all packet sizes
◦ Nanosecond precision timestamp
◦ Lossless write to disk
◦ Sophisticated index, search and retrieval of precise information among massive volumes of data
- Napatech's Dan Joe Barry and Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity's Irina Palade will present "From
Circumstantial Evidence to Hard Facts" on December 6 at 12:15pm in the Business Hall, Theater A.
Case study link
Irina Palade, product manager at Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity, said: "This joint solution with Napatech offers a comprehensive approach to threat analytics. It is a fine-grained network threat detection solution that provides detailed data to SIEM systems and threat intelligence platforms. It combines a real-time intrusion detection system and network traffic recording capabilities to detect known and unknown cyber threats early on, enabling faster response times."
Jarrod Siket, chief marketing officer at Napatech, said: "The ability to perform continuous network monitoring and analysis enables an adaptive security architecture framework. Adaptive security can prevent and detect attacks, as well as perform forensic analysis and proactively predict potential new attacks. Our reconfigurable computing platform based on a broad set of FPGA software supports a wide array of hardware and secures standard servers for leading IT applications. The addition of the Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity DPI engine and Splunk's machine data creates an advanced network threat detection solution."
About Napatech Napatech helps companies to reimagine their business by bringing hyperscale computing benefits to IT organizations of every size. We enhance open and standard virtualized servers to boost innovation and release valuable computing resources that improve services and increase revenue. Our reconfigurable computing platform™ is based on a broad set of FPGA software for leading IT compute, network and security applications that are supported on a wide array of FPGA hardware designs. Additional information is available at: www.napatech.com